Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Favorite Shirt

This is one of the first times that I have felt the experiential flow since I got back to Canada. It is because I have let go. Let go of the cookie cutter ideas I had that were really just templates or less so I could say (to myself) I had some idea of what I was doing. I truly was treading water for the last 3 months. I am letting myself live a bit and not limiting, or trying to define, my outcomes in any area. And Voila! I am back on track. In the flow. Not that I was too far off, but I was off. There actually seems to be a great universal pressure that has been removed from my shoulders, thus my plans. I no longer believe the world is coming to an end. I no longer feel the need to live a survivalist dream (or nightmare). I believe strongly enough to just continue on with what I am doing and let it unfold. Listen to this: Once the whole car thing was done (thursday to monday), I got straight back on the business train. Y'all know I am really really really really good at sales, right? So, I always entertain other business opportunities on my way, as is par for the course. Although I really needed to sell my own stuff (photos remember? - I actually have a career; although I do plan to write the once and for all definitive last word on healthy eating, living, spirtuality and world peace; It is just going to happen after I write that "What is wrong with Americans" article) , I scheduled this appt. for a business opportunity in the middle of the day in Newton. Although there are plenty of opportunites for a first rate sales star like me, I have pretty much decided to not take any of them. I realize that sales is part of my life. I wouldn't be selling my photos if i weren't good at it. But i don't want to be THAT PERSON. I don't want to be the person that is selling something that is in any way abstracted from me. I can apply my skills if it is toward my own creation. That is it. So, I won't be taking several financial planning courses and learning how I can do better than 91% of othr canadians, ect ect ect... which is all true, but i dont care. I have something that is better than money. I have faith and experience in it. and a few skills. Could I still get all excited about camperizing a 22 yr old van if I were selling financial services? No, I would be driving some new junk box and paying throught the nose for everything looking at my bottom line thinking I was doing great. Been there done that on the first round. I will have to post the story of my rise to fame in the sames game, not now though. I know how to get enough, how to get what i need, now I need to know how to fullfill myself, on all levels. only that.

No comments:

Post a Comment