Saturday, January 3, 2009

Discarding Disincarnate Entities: Healing Crisis or Sick?; Hammock of Happiness

Coming to you live and well in the land of the living. How close the veil between the two worlds really is, we forget, until some incident sharpens us to the facts. Telling, metaphorical, real and past, this incident may be the herald of a much deeper, “before and after”. Now I sit assured and composed in the most perfect situation that continually gives cause to new founts of happiness and discovery. Thank the heavens above.

As it turns out, I have rented a room (it is a duplex actually) with a bathroom outside with hot water (all mine) in the windy town of La Ventana (50km south of La Paz). It is right on the beach. I have set up my hammock and outdoor stuff. It has parking and is central to town. All for 2500 pesos (just divide by 10 for CA dollars) a month. I thought I should take it. Not too many opportunities like that. Didn't want to chance it. The other good thing is that there is a cafe nearby that charges only 150 pesos for a months worth of internet use and it is open all the time. So all things combined, I decided to stay.

From Mulege, I drove John, Stacie and Andrew (tour bikers extrordinaire) to La Ventana and we all split up the next day. They were nice but I had to get on my own again. They paid for gas and bought me dinner (plus I parked in their driveway for a week). I felt I really went overboard with my budget while in Mulege but that was like my vacation. Now I am just settled in doing what I normally do which is making all kinds of edible yummy fresh food and marketing Ellen Atkin Photography. I may even stay here for the whole time if circumstances prevail. Although I will do road trips along the cape to see it all.

I free camped on the beach, where hotsprings bubble up on the shore of the beach at low tide, for 6 days just before I rented this place, but I nearly died of dehydration while I was fasting. I really came to Mexico to unpack and rent a place. I am all set up with my juicer, food processor, blender, sprouters and wheatgrass. There is a fridge and no stove, so I am perfect. I am also able to listen to my music which I havn't done in years. You know when you have to share with someone, you don't feel totally comfortable exposing them to your music? I had totally forgotten that I have a very eclectic collection of music on my computer. Two years ago in Puerto Vallarta, Christian (I guess it was worth it) and Sebastien from Quebec, used my comp to transfer a bunch of Quebecquoi and Spanish music to Sebastien's GPS. So I am unexpectedly and gratefully really happy.

Other than that, it would be ideal if my friends that I am expecting here weren't giving me a headache. I have decided that it is better to just not be friends anymore, but I have yet to run into them. I think from my last few emails it should be clear but you never know. They are only arriving today. So of all things, here I am in paradise, my ideal everything, and I have my own little drama! Oh well. Meditation is great. Diet is wonderful. Faith is extraordinary. I havn't drank alcohol since the fast started two weeks ago. Don't even feel like it.

Although I do, and will continue to socialize, people generally don't measure up for me. Nothing is good enough, conversation is not good enough, food is not good enough, ect ect. So I would rather just be by myself. I am doing so much personal work and discovery that I don't want anyone else to get in my way. I even discarded an entity on the beach the first night of the fast. This is different from the evil entities who want to kill me (refer to post The Devil wants me Dead). I heard it in my head while I was sleeping and began to discern that it was not me. It was just nattering on as though it was all excited that it was on this trip. As soon as I realized this entity was in my head, I got really angry and started spinning the van around and yelling at him to fuck off. I heard a distinct click, like a video game door closing. Then it said, “no need to get angry, no need to be rude.” And it left. I woke up to the sound of footsteps walking away. I am not kidding.

I hate to think how long this thing has been attached to me. I am aware of these things through the work of master hypnotist Dick Sutphen. Here is an interview Dick conducted on his radio show that goes into it (scroll down to November 5th show with Joe Kingman). When I listened to the bit about Joe loosing his desire to drink once the entity was gone, I kinda perked up. Apparently, it was controlling his right arm. That really clicked with me. I always had this constriction feeling on my right side. And although I will drink again, I do feel released from it now. It makes so much sense. I could never figure out why I liked to drink alone so much. I really wasn't alone. However, as long as I had real company, I didn't have as much compulsion. Good God! Thanks god for Dick Sutphen. I recommend singing up for his weekly web column. I look forward to reading it every week.

I can see how these self proclaimed health practitioner gurus get into trouble when they mistake true illness, which requires an immediate stop to the fast, with the ubiquitous term, “healing crisis.” I have never had a healing crisis. I have fasted since I was a teenager and I have never felt ill while doing so.

I have felt weak but still whole. This time, I planned to do a 9 day bowel cleanse like the highly effective Blessed Herbs cleanse I did a few years ago but with a different psyllium herbal formula and no apple juice. I really thought everything was perfect. I swam for 1.5 hours the first day, paired down the food, relaxed in the chair, read books. Then the fourth day hit me like a brick. I was so weak, but I picked up a bit and went into town for more water. I was going through it like nothing. The fourth night was good but by the end of the fifth day, I felt that something was wrong. I had the urgent feeling that I had to get out of there. My head was throbbing, heart pounding and heartburn? The morning of the sixth day, I packed up and left. I knew I had to eat. I wasn't even hungry. I weaned myself back with store bought apple juice that seemed to do the trick like nothing else. I am pretty sure I was dehydrated. I felt like the beach ball in that Tom Hanks movie. The thought of all I had been through that a few days before seemed so perfect, made me sick. Reading, beach, sun, chair, it all made me sick.

Although I only went 6 days, I still cleansed and feel like my old self again now. The bloat and bags are gone. The lessons here are to listen to your own body and not get hung up on procedure and accomplishment. Diet is not so important. Faith, a relationship to God and meditation practice are more important than what food you eat. A wholesome high enzymatic diet benefits and aides in the other practices, but is not in itself the be all and end all, like ALL the sellers would have you believe. It especially repulses me when these hustlers FLAUNT their spirituality like an elitist status symbol. God is the sole judge of human faith. Not other men or, in the case of the raw food world, cultural morons.

I close with an excerpt from The Great Controversy Ended by Ellen G. White. “The framers of the Constitution recognized the eternal principle that man's relation with his God is above human legislation, and his rights of conscience inalienable. Reasoning was not necessary to establish this truth; we are conscious of it in our own bosoms. It is this consciousness which, in defiance of human laws, has sustained so many martyrs in tortures and flames. They felt that their duty to God was superior to human enactments, and that man could exercise no authority over their consciences. It is an inborn principle which nothing can eradicate.” - Congressional documents (USA) serial No. 200, document No. 271.

No comments:

Post a Comment