Monday, February 9, 2009

Peace Dance; Kiteboarder; Hot Links

I just turned off Alex Jones interviewing Jerome Coursi to write this. Oh heck, I'm turning it back on. I will just try to use my spatial brain and write and listen at the same time. People really have no idea that things are worse than ever behind this genteel front of Obama. While the people are cooing over his eloquence and lack of dirty tricks, Obama is passing and bringing in more laws to pave the way for the banker's takeover of the US and increasing the National Security Association's powers. How does that translate to hope and change. It doesn't. It's just a very good media play. You don't have to agree with everything A. Jones is about, but he knows his politics and his analysis is spot on. In dealing with this world crisis/awakening, I nose out good food producers, spiritual practitioners and yoga classes while going about my business (photographer) and following my heart. Right now, I can't even imagine being happier, well okay, I can, but it is all flowing that way. This past weekend took me away from my perfect space here in La Ventana to the organic farm of Beuna Fortuna in La Ribera for a gathering of Dances of Universal Peace. I was hoping to meet up with Dan Hegerich whom I met last year in AZ, but he was continuing with a breath workshop in San Jose del Cabo. I did meet another Dan who is involved in community building near Agua Caliente and will report and visit there later. The biggest surprise, however, were the caterers, Sabor de Amor, based out of San Jose del Cabo. Totally awesome food; no dogma; enlightened cuisine. They also operate a centre for yoga, activism, art, breath, community building, dance, ecology, education, healing and music called Raices y Brazos (Roots and Branches)! The whole scene at Buena Fortuna was sooo beatific. The farm was exploding with food for lack of harvesters. Peter and his crew lovingly and joyfully prepared the most amazing meals for the dancers while joining the dances when possible. I sampled some, out of this world, fresh tuna ceviche and crazy good kim chee and an organic chocolate, cardoman cake while there. I only stayed over night because I wanted to get back to my personal eden here in La Ventana but the dance carries on for a week. Members come from assorted corners of N. America but the association is worldwide. A great group of people. I was a little intrepid over the whole thing because I generally shy a way from new agey adopted religion (Sufism) adapted through a San Fransisco based hippie in the 60's, (Samuel Lewis). As I mentioned before, I was introduced to the dancers last year in AZ. Claire and I, however sat them out and grazed on the buffet while it was taking place. It seemed a little hokey because it is so easy. Mainly people just walk around in a circle holding hands performing simple steps and maneuvers while singing simple chants derived from, in some cases, ancient mantras from different religions. There was no contradiction to my personal relationship with GOD, except for the first dance! There I was singing about being a part of the "rising sun" and the dawning. If I hadn't just listened to an episode of A. Jones interviewing Alan Watt who has spent his life decoding the symbology of the elite, I wouldn't have thoguht much of it. Apparently the rising sun is the new all seeing eye. A herald of the coming of the "great work of ages", the dawning of the new man. Sounds all good except that the plan is to get rid of you and me. Please just find out about it for yourselves by watching this documentary. It crossed my mind to break the circle, fundamentalist preacher style, but I decided to let it go. People just don't know. Other than this infiltration, all the other dances and words were of a positve origin. On a more personal and positive note, The Kiteboarder Magazine is publishing two images of mine taken during the Expo here in La Ventana in Jan. 2009. Normally, I wouldn't brag about this sort of thing until it is a reality, but there is no monetary compensation, so I figure is it okay to reveal it beforehand. I was completely taken with my subject, Shawn Richmond, who danced in the air in front of my lens. Before I knew it, I was a total victim of his talents and charms. It was all his fault. He knew exactly what he was doing, promoting his sport and his job, while I was just an innocent photog on the beach, ensnared! Among my trinkets and tokens of his attentions was a promise that he would look at the images I took of him and a big hug. Looking back, I thought I should of asked him to move in with me and father my children, but my senses were dulled into a dreamlike state in his presence. Closer to home, my favorite spa in the lower mainland is having a great special during February. Check this out. Tranquility Day Spa Back to politics and atttempts to wake up the public, I received this email from my high minded shaman, wayshower, friend Aeon that really gives the average Joe some perspective on what the new funny money really means.

How many zeros in a billion?

This is too true to be funny. The next time you hear a politician use the word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about whether you want the 'politicians' spending YOUR tax money. A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of it's releases. A billion seconds ago it was 1959. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive. A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet. A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it. While this thought is still fresh in our brain... let's take a look at New Orleans .. It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division. Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D) is presently asking Congress for 250 BILLION DOLLARS to rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number... what does it mean? Well... if you are one of the 484,674 residents of New Orleans (every man, woman, and child) you each get $516,528. Or... if you have one of the 188,251 homes in New Orleans , your home gets $1,329,787. Or... if you are a family of four... your family gets $2,066,012. Washington , D. C HELLO! Are all your calculators broken?? Building Permit Tax CDL License Tax Cigarette Tax Corporate Income Tax Dog License Tax Federal Income Tax (Fed) Federal Unemployment Tax (FU TA) Fishing License Tax Food License Tax Fuel Permit Tax Gasoline Tax Hunting License Tax Inheritance Tax Inventory Tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax) IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax) Liquor Tax Luxury Tax Marriage License Tax Medicare Tax Property Tax Real Estate Tax Service charge taxes Social Security Tax Road Usage Tax (Truckers) Sales Taxes Recreational Vehicle Tax School Tax State Income Tax State Unemployment Tax (SUTA) Telephone Federal Excise Tax Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax Telephone State and Local Tax Telephone Usage Charge Tax U tility Tax Vehicle License Registration T ax Vehicle Sales Tax Watercraft Registration Tax Well Permit Tax Workers Compensation Tax (And to think, we left British Rule to avoid so many taxes) STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY? Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago... and our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt... We had the largest middle class in the world... and Mom stayed home to raise the kids. What happened? Can you spell 'po liticians!' And I still have to press '1' for English. I hope this goes around the U S A at least 100 times

What the heck happened?????

A last word from Hazelmere Organic Farms in Langely BC on where to send your electronic garbage in Vancouver: I have been looking for a place that I can send my used electronic garbage and was so happy to see an article in the Vancouver Sun about this organization - Free Geek Vancouver. They are a non-profit recycler, the only one in B.C. approved by the Basel Action Network, a Seattle based watchdog for the dumping of e-waste.They take old computers, printers, fax machines, scanners, any computer related hardware, game consoles and cell phones at their East Vancouver warehouse. Address 1820 Pandora St. Website: freegeekvancouver.org. . By supporting them , we are supporting ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment